Previous | Next | Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui)

Topic: Placement of Refrigerator
Conf: Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui), Msg: 9913
From: Anon (Hidden from Privacy)
Date: 1/18/2002 07:39 PM

Dear Anon,

1. Under one aspect of house suitability using Ba Zi Feng Shui; if the house is considered a " Wood house " by virtue that the main entrance is facing say East or South East.

And one member (especially the breadwinner) is a Strong Earth person; in this situation:

2. Under the Five Elements Concept:

2.1 A `WOOD' HOUSE vs `STRONG' EARTH PERSON

Good Match. The wood house is considered favourable as it helps to "control" or help (aid) a Strong Earth person.

2.2 A `WOOD' HOUSE vs `WEAK' EARTH PERSON

Inauspicious. As wood will further weaken a Weak Earth Person.

3. The above is one of the many aspects we look at the relationship between Ba Zi (Pillars of Destiny using Five Elements concept) in relation to Feng Shui.

4. It is mentioned that this is only one aspect because:

4.1 The key essence is that once a Feng Shui expert knows a person's element and strength, he/she can then better utilize this information (combined with Shapes and Form and Compass School) Feng Shui to greatly increase one's Luck.

4.2 For example by advising the following:-

4.2.1 For a weak earth person who lives in a Wood House; key elements of the home should have e.g. more Fire element (As Fire element is more tricky - base this on the recommendation of a competent FS practitioner whenever possible.)

4.2.2 The `Binding' element

This is a much `neglected' tool by many Feng Shui practitioners.

In fact, it is in my opinion, a total requirement.

The rationale here is in real life, the Ba Zi is not only:-

a. What is your element e.g. Earth
b. But also what is the strength: e.g. Strong Earth
c. But also what is the effect of say both husband and wife's combined Ba Zi?

Taking the above cue:

For example:

Husband = Weak Metal
Wife = Strong Wood

5. Under Five Elements concept: The element that helps bind both of them is Metal.

6. Unfortunately many Feng Shui practitioners skip two steps:

6.1 either give the wrong `strength' of the element and or

6.2 never took into consideration "Binding element".

7. With binding element, it opens a totally real life expectation that:

7.1. We should take advantage of using the binding element especially:

a. In the bedroom of the two married couple. By looking at the interior decor and see how we can introduce `metal' not only in their bedrooms but since they own the house, to many parts of the home e.g. living / dining room etc...

b. Many readers in this forum has often asked about how to reduce conflicts e.g. between say husband and wife; and family members. By comparing say i.e. two persons, three persons, or person 1 to person 2 or person 2 to person 3; we can then get a better picture of their element and try to apply a binding element in such a situation.

Please see below:-

On 1/18/2002 7:43:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
>Dear Cecil,
>I'm sending this mail again as
>I made a typo error for the
>house facing. The main door
>facing is SW sector (4,4,1)
>and sits on NE sector (7,1,7.)

If the main door is facing SW, under Ba Zi Feng Shui, the house should instead be considered a Earth House.

Normally, based on the traditional Eight House model; "sitting on NE sector" would most likely mean also mean that NE = Earth House also.

Perhaps, hope you can confirm whether your house is a Wood House or a Earth House.

(For those who are not familar with what is sitting or facing - can do a SEARCH in this forum for past messages / clarification on this).

>Thank you very much for your
>reply. For house fengshui, my
>wife & myself belongs to
>“earth” element.
>In my 4 pillars, I have 4
>metals. Wood & water is my
>element to reduce strong
>metals. My wife has 4 wood,
>require fire & metal.
>
>Since my main door has “wood”
>how should I interpret this
>house?? Do we put in a red
>carpet inside main door?

Overall, Red is considered an auspicious colour (even if it represents the fire element). A red carpet is considered auspicious especially outside the main entrance door.

Even if the red carpet is placed inside the house, I feel that the auspcious Red is on overriding factor and you can place it inside the house (main entrance). However, it is best to do a check if it is placed at a South sector (Fire sector).

>My rented house is period 7,
>with flying stars for main
>door facing SW (4 ,4, 1,)
>but sits on (7,1,7) NE .

I hope I got your position correct about what you mean as `sitting' and `facing'.

Usually, a Double 7 and base 1 is considered an auspicious house especially if this is the main door in a Period 7 (birthdate house). As these stars represent the water element.

But I not too sure whether your reference to `sitting' is correct. If it is e.g. sitting refering to the back of the house, then 7,1,7 water is not as auspicious.

A 4,4,1 needs to be balanced as there are bad wood #4 x2 and 1 water element. You should neutralise this sector with 6 coins.

>My kitchen has flying stars
>(7,1,7) in NE sector & E
>sector( 3,5,2,).

The 3,5,2 is also not a good combination since there is a mixture of bad wood + bad earth (misfortune and sickness). Since this is a kitchen, 6 coins can be used here to neutralise this sector.

>My gas stove “knob” faced the
>ceiling. Its piping is
>connected to a gas cylinder.
>Where is the “fire-Mouth” ??
>Is it the gas “knob” or the
>gas piping??
>Stove is placed in North East
>sector & direction

The knobs facing the ceiling is a neutral position. (Yes, I am referring to the stove and not the gas cylinder.)

>Can I regard “Refrigerator” as
>a mountain? Can U advice which
>element is a refrigerator?

A refrigerator cannot be considered as a mountain as it is `hollow' inside. A mountain is something solid e.g. at the extreme, I would have to describe it as a piece of solid metal e.g. gold ingot. Usually, one can use a solid brass object or anythign that has mass and no wheels e.g. a piece of carved marble piece etc..

A refrigerator should be considered a water position. And it is a `modern' invention. It should be looked at in relation to the position of the stove.

>We are sleeping upstairs
>bedroom South sector (6,2,8,)
>but facing health
>problems, will moving into SW
>sector (4,4,1) next year to
>solve this problem.
> Appreciate your views…

There are three components here under South sector:

Although you have #6 in the sector (6 refers to Big metal) but you also have an Eight (Small Earth). In addition you also have a Sickness #2 Earth element here.

In such a situation the #6 metal in the above `chart' is unable to overcome both the #2 and #8 elements.

The cure here is to help this sector further by using 6 coins (Big metal) to help neutralise the sickness sector.

If you do so, you should find that your health will improve. South West or 4,4,1 is also not a good combination.

>I read interesting
>informations on houses facing
>SW (7,1,7,) but sits on NE
>(4,1,4) for year 2005 but
>none on my above house. Any
>comments.

Sorry, can u elaborate further.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Copyright 1996-onwards Geomancy.Net, Cecil & Robert Lee. All Rights Reserved.

International Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights Notice
All messages posted TO THIS SITE which includes this forum and other contents made accessable by us to the public cannot be copied; reproduced; recompiled; stored in a retrieval system; or transmitted, in any form or by any means; electronic; mechanical; photocopying; recording; or otherwise. - Learn more

Please kindly contact us at support@geomancy.net. if you should encounter any breach of Copyright and Intellectual Property rights. Thank you in advance!

Back to Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net

 [ Site Search | Forum Search | Picture Search | Site Map ]

Help Desk: (65) 9785-3171

Highlights

Extend your learning with Master Cecil Lee's Applied Feng Shui Made Easy Book.

" Real People, Real Life, Real Situation " - Learn from thousands of actual case studies at our popular Free Advice Forum.

" Worry-Free Professional Feng Shui Services " - from the authors of Geomancy.Net

[ Award & Accolades ]

Site Navigation

   Feng Shui Freebies
   Feng Shui Resources