Previous | Next | Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui)

Topic: Unintentionally killing animals
Conf: Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui), Msg: 6768
From: Anon (Hidden from Privacy)
Date: 8/14/2000 07:32 PM

Dear Anon,

What you mentioned would depend on a person's belief or religious belief and how strong is one's belief.

For example, when you mentioned `killing' of animals, and one has strong buddhist beliefs, then one should avoid what you had mentioned below.

Even in other religions like Muslims, they also have a ritual for `praying' before slaughtering animals. Muslims only eat food that are certified "Halal" in this manner.

Therefore, it depends on how `strong' is your beliefs.

Most of the time, nowadays maybe because of convenience, animals are pre slaughtered and we buy them, cleaned and `ready' so this should not be a major issue or concern for us.

Some religions belief in reincarnation and "we may end up" reincarnated as a specific animaal or insect. This is up to indiviudal beliefs.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 8/10/00 3:57:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
>Hi Cecil
>
>I had a two year old kid. My
>mother told me that frog leg
>is good for my kid's leg
>strength. So I bought the
>fresh frog from wet market for
>a few times and cook porridge
>for my kid.
>
>But now , one of my friend who
>is a strong buddhist, told me
>I am doing a sinful thing by
>buying the frog. He said that
>although I did not kill the
>frog but I saw the frog being
>killed and skinned and I
>unintentionally kill them. He
>told me to chant Buddisht
>words and don't buy frogs
>again.
>
>He advise me even if I want to
>buy any meat or frog, I should
>buy them when they are killed.
>Not to buy something alive and
>killed in front of me. He told
>me the spirit will not be rest
>as the frog is not being
>prayed. The frog may come to
>revenge.
>
>He told me that I should try
>not to eat meat so that it is
>not so sinful...I told him
>that the frog leg is good for
>babies and frozen frog leg is
>not so fresh.But now, I dare
>not buy fresh frogs. I
>regretted to buy the frog and
>a bit scared.
>
>(1) Will there be retribution
>to me and my family?
>
>(2) What shall I do? How to
>make the frog rest in peace?
>By chanting?
>
>(3) Do U know what kind of
>food can I replace the frog by
>giving the same vitamins and
>strength to my baby's body?
>
>Thanks

Copyright 1996-onwards Geomancy.Net, Cecil & Robert Lee. All Rights Reserved.

International Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights Notice
All messages posted TO THIS SITE which includes this forum and other contents made accessable by us to the public cannot be copied; reproduced; recompiled; stored in a retrieval system; or transmitted, in any form or by any means; electronic; mechanical; photocopying; recording; or otherwise. - Learn more

Please kindly contact us at support@geomancy.net. if you should encounter any breach of Copyright and Intellectual Property rights. Thank you in advance!

Back to Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net

 [ Site Search | Forum Search | Picture Search | Site Map ]

Help Desk: (65) 9785-3171

Highlights

Extend your learning with Master Cecil Lee's Applied Feng Shui Made Easy Book.

" Real People, Real Life, Real Situation " - Learn from thousands of actual case studies at our popular Free Advice Forum.

" Worry-Free Professional Feng Shui Services " - from the authors of Geomancy.Net

[ Award & Accolades ]

Site Navigation

   Feng Shui Freebies
   Feng Shui Resources