Previous | Next | Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui)

Topic: Fish Tank or Fountain
Conf: Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui), Msg: 5770
From: Anon (Hidden from Privacy)
Date: 4/27/2000 08:42 PM

Dear Anon,

1. When we consider water, water in a fish tank is usually slower moving.

2. While a fountain, stirs up the water and faster moving.

3. There is no concrete measure as to how beneificial `qi' if any from a fountain or fish tank is.

4. But, based on Feng Shui concepts, because, water movement e.g. water flow, mixed with `air' is more vibrant and faster moving.

5. Based on the `faster' moving water, it is thus recommended that between having a fountain or a fish tank, a fountain would be considered having a higher potential of generating `qi' or stirring of the air, mixed with water.

6. When one talks about a fountain or even an artificial waterfall, it is not about the size of a fish tank but one much bigger than that.

7. If we consider examining a fish tank with one in the interior of the home, most likely the water fountain is small. It is also in the interior so, there is not much comparison between a fish tank and such a small water fountain.

8. A good Flying Star location is one where the water star can be activated.

Is a fish tank, a mountain?

Human beings have a habit to go out and buy what they read.

There are various types of `fish tank'.

The correct type of fish tank to activate the water star is not our idea of a tall fish tank.

As the word water suggest, it should be as low as possible. So that there can be clear space.

But our stereo type idea of a fish tank is that it is seating on four legs and quite tall.

So how can this be activating the WATER star, I wonder?

Traditionally, when Hong Kong practitioners advise the use of the fish tank is that it is usually placed e.g. near to the window in full view of the poison arrow i.e. a lone lamp post. Here, the fish tank is tall.

Thus, if one `THINKS' that all fish tanks are created equally, are in for a shock!

How can a tall object, e.g. a full height fish tank be considered, in the true sense, activating the water star?

Perhaps, it is best to be naive and forget what was mentioned here. Many would still have a sense of happiness thinking that they are activating the water star.

Would one be prepared to construct a low e.g. 3 feet low pond in the house to rear Koi fishes. `Water star' conform to such a situation.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 4/26/00 1:11:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:
>Dear Cecil,
>
>Would appreciate your advise
>on the above.
>
>As you have mentioned, water
>fountains are
>used to "generate" beneficial
>"chi", how?
>The flow of the water? or the
>sound of the
>water? What about a fish tank
>with a
>"overhead filter"? water is
>flowing from
>the "overhead" filter back
>into the tank,
>and it does have the sound of
>flowing water?
>
>What would be a good flying
>star location
>to place a fish tank?
>
>I'm a strong earth person.
>
>Thanks
>Warmest Regards.

Copyright 1996-onwards Geomancy.Net, Cecil & Robert Lee. All Rights Reserved.

International Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights Notice
All messages posted TO THIS SITE which includes this forum and other contents made accessable by us to the public cannot be copied; reproduced; recompiled; stored in a retrieval system; or transmitted, in any form or by any means; electronic; mechanical; photocopying; recording; or otherwise. - Learn more

Please kindly contact us at support@geomancy.net. if you should encounter any breach of Copyright and Intellectual Property rights. Thank you in advance!

Back to Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net

 [ Site Search | Forum Search | Picture Search | Site Map ]

Help Desk: (65) 9785-3171

Highlights

Extend your learning with Master Cecil Lee's Applied Feng Shui Made Easy Book.

" Real People, Real Life, Real Situation " - Learn from thousands of actual case studies at our popular Free Advice Forum.

" Worry-Free Professional Feng Shui Services " - from the authors of Geomancy.Net

[ Award & Accolades ]

Site Navigation

   Feng Shui Freebies
   Feng Shui Resources