Previous | Next | Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui)

Topic: Location of my new home. HELP!
Conf: Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui), Msg: 4563
From: Anon (Hidden from Privacy)
Date: 2/5/2000 06:38 PM

Dear Kevin,

The `key' ingredients for a new plot of land is:

By Ranking
(1). Shapes and Form School.
(2). The Flying Star of house.
(3). Your personal Eight House.

1. Ideally as you have mentioned the frontage of the house should logically be facing the front.

2. The main door can be either at the frontage or at the side of the house. Usually, you may need the services of a competent Feng Shui practititoner to advise you on which sector is the best door location based on you personal Ba Zhi.

Here, several Flying Star Charts can be drawn to find out which is most auspicious sector for the main door and like a puzzle, once this is made known, the other sectors of the house can be determined. Here, the Flying Star Chart is used to identify how many good sectors or if there is any imbalance in the sector.

`Reverse engineering' is used here to see where one can locate especially the living room and bedrooms etc... It is also looked at together with your Eight House to check for sectors such as the death or disaster intangible forces are located and what intangible force is located at your bedroom.

3. Robert had devised the Finding a Good House module at www.geomancy-online.com for our personal use and we used it successfully to find the best main door in relation to a breadwinner both for ourselves and many of our clients.

If you want to use a simplistic concept other than under Para 3, you can use the Eight House template and see where your bedroom is located and the main door is located in the architect's plan.

4. For the beautiful back view, you can have something like a `balcony' to see the lovely view.

Do remember the following important points:

1. Do not site the toilet near the main door or at the centre of the house.

Where possible, the toilet is next to one external wall.

2. Do not let a direct flow of Qi from the main door exiting towards the back.

3. Where possible, make the house a complete one ie. rectangle shape and avoid missing corners or protusions.

4. Where possible all rooms are also rectangular in shape.

5. Stair cases leading up to the 2nd storey should not be directly in line of sight of the main door. Where best, there is a turn.

6. Where possible, the main door should not have more than two panels.

Most important, do take care of the Shapes and Form of Feng Shui. Once this is done, 60 percent of the `battle' is won.

7. For the back of the house, since I understand that there is a slope behind the house, proper fencing is acceptable here.

8. Sometimes it may not be practical if you are doing FS audit on your home so, you may `skip', all details on the Flying Star as usually, if done correctly later, all imbalances if any can be neutralised.

I personally used it to check if it is possible to have a `Double 7' at the main door which is the most auspicious for the current period between 1984 to 2003. However, not all Double 7's are equal due to the base (flying star). But it is considered the best for the main door. You do not need to do this but it is one consideration if you are using the Flying Star.

Wishing you all the best on your new home!

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 2/4/00 11:59:11 AM, Kevin Dunn wrote:
>I meet with an architect soon.
>While I understand the
>beginner's basics of feng shui
>with interior concerns. I
>need one question answered:
>How do I sight my home?
>
>My lot is 60 x 160, has a
>20'setback (level) and then
>slopes downward (moderate
>slope only)toward the back.
>As one faces the back of the
>lot, one is looking
>east/southeast and sees a
>park-like setting of giant oak
>trees, the gentle slope, and a
>"killer" view of the cityscape
>of Austin, Texas.
>
>Surrounding buildings are all
>"soil" in form and the
>building to my right (as I'm
>facing the lot) is
>considerably higher than the
>one to the left.
>
>I feel I need to sight the
>house toward the front of the
>lot for obvious reasons. My
>question is this:
>
>Does one ever face the front
>door toward the back part of
>the property? In this case,
>of course, all of the lovely
>open space, beautiful views,
>and trees are on the back,
>sloping portion of the
>property.
>
>If one chooses to let the
>front door and the phoenix
>aspect be toward the back 3/4
>of a lot, what modifications
>are necessary to the
>house--since the back of the
>house is now viewed from the
>access road?
>
>HELP. Any advice would be
>ideal. I've consulted several
>texts but have not come up
>with an answer.
>
>Many thanks, in advance, for
>all replies.
>
>Kevin
>
>Austin,TEXAS

Copyright 1996-onwards Geomancy.Net, Cecil & Robert Lee. All Rights Reserved.

International Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights Notice
All messages posted TO THIS SITE which includes this forum and other contents made accessable by us to the public cannot be copied; reproduced; recompiled; stored in a retrieval system; or transmitted, in any form or by any means; electronic; mechanical; photocopying; recording; or otherwise. - Learn more

Please kindly contact us at support@geomancy.net. if you should encounter any breach of Copyright and Intellectual Property rights. Thank you in advance!

Back to Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net

 [ Site Search | Forum Search | Picture Search | Site Map ]

Help Desk: (65) 9785-3171

Highlights

Extend your learning with Master Cecil Lee's Applied Feng Shui Made Easy Book.

" Real People, Real Life, Real Situation " - Learn from thousands of actual case studies at our popular Free Advice Forum.

" Worry-Free Professional Feng Shui Services " - from the authors of Geomancy.Net

[ Award & Accolades ]

Site Navigation

   Feng Shui Freebies
   Feng Shui Resources