Previous | Next | Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui)

Topic: Wind chime - solid or hollow ?
Conf: Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui), Msg: 4389
From: Anon (Hidden from Privacy)
Date: 1/26/2000 11:11 PM

Dear Ang Chye,

Having read your message.

I would like to query you on why do you want to hang a Wind Chime?

Is it simply because year 2000, there is star 5?

Or because the imbalance of the Star 5 in that sector has resulted in needing a Wind Chime to cure that sector?

Personally, there are better cures than using Wind Chime (which in many cases have lots of complications such as different element types of rods, different number of rods, hollow or solid rods).

Also, in placing a Wind Chime incorrectly, you will likely get more problems than solving the problem.

You should only apply a cure if you know that there are imbalances in the sector.

Although, star 5 is termed as a Sickness or Misfortune type of star, quite similar to Star 2. And both are of Strong Earth.

However, what you are focusing on is that year 2000, star 5.

In order to relate if this star is good or bad, you need to relate to the 20-year base star such as 6-3-8 (where Mountain & Water is related to the 20-year based star).

When star 5 comes in it will be come 6-3-8 plus 5 year. This does not mean that 5 star will bring in bad luck or inauspicious sector.

As for Flying Star, there are such issues as triple combinations such as Wood, Fire, Earth. This are considered harmonious combination, where they will in turn produce Metal and Water, creating harmony.

So, in light of this, if you are wanting to put a Wind Chime simply because star 5 is in that sector that year, then please do not.

Furthermore, there are other more effective cure than using a metal 5 solid rod wind chime. Such as the the 6 coins with a red string etc. These do not produce the risk of attracting playful imps nor do they have any complications. In fact, they are proven to be very effective cures for Star 2 and 5.

However, as mentioned to you, this does not mean that I am telling you to use the 6 coins. As I do not know what is the actual imbalances you are facing to want to put up this cure, I cannot tell you want action you should take.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee

On 1/26/00 7:10:58 PM, Ang Chye wrote:
>On 1/25/00 5:42:37 AM, Karen Goodman
>wrote:
>Dear Karen,
>
>I am quite sure Lillian's new book for
>year 2000 mentioned about using 5 solid
>rods but the objective of 5 rods wind
>chimes is not for enhancing chi but to
>suppress the 5 yellows.
>
>I was only browsing thru' her book on
>year 2000 so I can't give any detail of
>which page etc.
>
>Anyway, my confusion on wind chime was
>the many different applications
>suggested by different Feng Shui
>experts/practitioners. My wife has
>wanted to use it but I am sceptical due
>to insufficient knowledge on the
>subject.
>

>rgds
>Anthony
>
>>Hi Ang,
>>
>>I am not sure if you got
>>Lillian Too correctly.
>>
>>Out of curosity, having read
>>one of her earlier book, I
>>dusted away the dust from
>>it(nearly threw away this
>>book).
>>
>>In her book Basic Feng Shu, an
>>illustrated reference manual,
>>published in June 1997, under
>>Page 177 of this book, she
>>wrote the following:
>>
>>"Para 1. Make sure the
>>windchimes you use for feng
>>shui reasons, have hollow
>>rods.... When the rods are
>>solid .... unsuitable for feng
>>shui."
>>
>>Now you mentioned that she
>>said that to use a five solid
>>rod wind chime???
>>
>>Personally, I find that there
>>are so many contraditions in
>>her books that I threw them at
>>a corner collecting dust. If
>>this is true, I will certainly
>>throw them away!
>>
>>Karen
>>
>>On 1/24/00 6:48:09 PM, Ang Chye wrote:
>>>I have read from a Lillian Too
>>>'s book that a five solid rod
>>>wind chime can be used to
>>>counter 5 yellows for year
>>>2000, but I also read from
>>>this website that a 5 solid
>>>rods wind chime should not be
>>>used. Can someone please
>>>explain the significant and
>>>use of solid wind chime as
>>>compare to hollow wind chime.
>>>
>>>thks .

Copyright 1996-onwards Geomancy.Net, Cecil & Robert Lee. All Rights Reserved.

International Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights Notice
All messages posted TO THIS SITE which includes this forum and other contents made accessable by us to the public cannot be copied; reproduced; recompiled; stored in a retrieval system; or transmitted, in any form or by any means; electronic; mechanical; photocopying; recording; or otherwise. - Learn more

Please kindly contact us at support@geomancy.net. if you should encounter any breach of Copyright and Intellectual Property rights. Thank you in advance!

Back to Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net

 [ Site Search | Forum Search | Picture Search | Site Map ]

Help Desk: (65) 9785-3171

Highlights

Extend your learning with Master Cecil Lee's Applied Feng Shui Made Easy Book.

" Real People, Real Life, Real Situation " - Learn from thousands of actual case studies at our popular Free Advice Forum.

" Worry-Free Professional Feng Shui Services " - from the authors of Geomancy.Net

[ Award & Accolades ]

Site Navigation

   Feng Shui Freebies
   Feng Shui Resources