Previous | Next | Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui)

Topic: Re: Cross symbol (Via Email)
Conf: Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui), Msg: 1419
From: Anon (Hidden from Privacy)
Date: 7/7/1999 11:55 AM

Dear Iz,

Thank you for your words of encouragements. Presently, Feng Shui is no
longer so mysterious.

Sometimes, I go abit far to `warn users' not to go excessively into Feng
Shui. Well sometimes this is human nature.
For example, say someone pick up a book on Feng Shui and after reading
between the lines, find that an author says that wind chimes are good.
Here, the `catalyst' begins. Each of us mean well for our family and instead
of purchasing one wind chime, may tend to purchase more. If one is
purchasing only one wind chime, the chances of getting it placed at a Flying
Star inauspicious location is not as great as one buying 5 wind chimes and
as there are 8 sectors, the chances of getting into problems are great!

Green Roof:

When I first started to learn Feng Shui, a successful engineering friend of
my told me the story that his clay roof (orange/red) was covered in greenish
algae. His parents decided to clean the roof and give it the original orange
/ red tiles. He related that overall, their house is in a good Shapes and
Form and the additional green material on the roof provided added good luck.
After they cleaned the roof, coincidentally, the luck declined.

Overall, it is safe to have green roofs. This implies the wood element.
However, in Feng Shui under the Shapes and Form School an expert Feng Shui
Master will look at e.g. the house in relation to others and see what
element your house is in relation to the neighbourhood.

For example, a short while ago, I made some comments on the Feng Shui of
office buildings. In my city, some foreign Feng Shui Masters advised their
clients to built tall buildings in a specific shape. For example, if there
are lots of offices classified as wooden structures, they usually advise
their clients to build e.g. a fire building to destroy the wooden thus
creating wealth. The Bank of China in Hong Kong is a well known case and the
building comprises two elements. It is mean to subdue other nearby buildings
and thus create `wealth'.

This is one example of how the Five elements is used in relation to houses
or buildings.

One useful book I always recommend to understand the Five Elements concept
is a book by Derek Walters called " Feng Shui Handbook ". He has another
book called Feng Shui. If you compare his book with others available you
will notice that he truly understands and practise Feng Shui which is based
on the Yin and Yang and the Five Elements. Not unlike some new books written
even by famous authors who are in my opinon is very poor in their knowledge
and the application of the Five Elements. Such authors I feel, give false
hope and I personally feel do more harm than good to anyone. Some of these
authors are best at only coming up with general books and the safer books
are on the Shapes and Forms.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil Lee