Previous | Next | Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui)

Topic: toscano fu dogs which is male and female
Conf: Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui), Msg: 13515
From: Anon (Hidden from Privacy)
Date: 6/1/2003 09:01 PM

Dear LeAnne,

I searched this forum and came up with a previous article, I wrote on stone lions. (Often, if the fu dogs are suppose to resemble the lions, then, the items held under their paws should be similar.)

If you want to view some of the .gif files mentioned below, please go the the conference below and search for the subject (below).

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Posted in: Info :: Feng Shui Tips & Guidelines
on Thursday, April 18, 2002 09:41 AM

Subject: How to properly place a pair of Chinese Stone Lions

We have seen many pictures of buildings with the Lion figurines.

In many of the ancient Chinese buildings, one hardly notice that:-

1. The Male Lion

1.1 This Lion sits on the left side of the building.

1.2 The Male Lion will have it's mouth open. Showing in traditional Chinese society, MALE is `dominant'.

1.3 It is holding a ball.

2. The Female Lion

2.1 It sits on the right side of the building.

2.2 It has it's mouth closed. Here, the FEMALE is considered submissive.

2.3 The Female Lion holds a lion cub.

You can view the pair of MALE and FEMALE lion under this URL:

https://www.geomancy.net/mypictures/cgi-bin/mypictures.cgi?search=lion&img=8&cat=all&bool=and

The pictures in the above link are:-

lions1-1.gif (Showing the FEMALE lion with cub)

lions2-1.gif (Showing the MALE lion with ball)

3. Do click on the thumb-nail picture for a larger view.

4. I hope you now better understand the symbolism of the `ORIGINAL' pair of Lions.

Does your pair of LION STATUE have this description? YES / NO ? If not, yours is just an `ordinary' lion.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 5/31/2003 6:52:21 AM, LeAnne Wiesen wrote:
>I just received a pair of
>Toscano Foo Dogs for my
>birthday and I'm confused.
>They are identical in looks
>but they are mirror images of
>each other. Which is the male
>and which is the female and
>what is the correct placement
>of these on the inside of the
>home?

Thank you for your
>help
LeAnne

Copyright 1996-onwards Geomancy.Net, Cecil & Robert Lee. All Rights Reserved.

International Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights Notice
All messages posted TO THIS SITE which includes this forum and other contents made accessable by us to the public cannot be copied; reproduced; recompiled; stored in a retrieval system; or transmitted, in any form or by any means; electronic; mechanical; photocopying; recording; or otherwise. - Learn more

Please kindly contact us at support@geomancy.net. if you should encounter any breach of Copyright and Intellectual Property rights. Thank you in advance!

Back to Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net

 [ Site Search | Forum Search | Picture Search | Site Map ]

Help Desk: (65) 9785-3171

Highlights

Extend your learning with Master Cecil Lee's Applied Feng Shui Made Easy Book.

" Real People, Real Life, Real Situation " - Learn from thousands of actual case studies at our popular Free Advice Forum.

" Worry-Free Professional Feng Shui Services " - from the authors of Geomancy.Net

[ Award & Accolades ]

Site Navigation

   Feng Shui Freebies
   Feng Shui Resources