Previous | Next | Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui)

Topic: Bed room feng shui
Conf: Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui), Msg: 13154
From: Anon (Hidden from Privacy)
Date: 4/8/2003 07:39 AM

Dear Sor Lan,

Please see below:-

On 4/8/2003 6:27:02 AM, Ang Sor Lan wrote:
>Hello Master Cecil,
>
>I've read the reply from you
>to user Anon earlier on with
>regards to bedroom
>feng shui. My case, I'm
>sleeping in a room with my
>daughter. She is
>sleeping on a double deck bed.
>Her bed is parked against a
>wall with a her
>sleeping position facing the
>window and her legs when
>sleeping, facing a
>cupboard.

Before touching on with your question, in the past, I have mentioned on two issues:

1. double decker beds
=====================
Previously, there were some concerns that double decker beds are unhealthy for the young.

But, in my opinion, and also that many (many) people have actually slept in a double decker bed, there is really no issue here.

Some FS practitioners spell out the notion that the person sleeping at the lower decker is like having a beam above their head.

I personally do not agree with this argument. This is because unlike a beam (concentrated) at the specific spot, the upper bed is relatively flat and does not exert an unequal press below it.

As mentioned above, there are lots of healthy adults who because of space constraints, had successfully, grown up healthy.

2. a bed must be raised
=======================

Some FS practitioners `swear' that one should sleep on a raised bed to allow qi to circulate below the bed.

Again, this is simply speculation. Many responsible parents, prefer that their young e.g. of 1 year to 6 or more years sleep on a simple floor bed. Here, the child can simply walk to their bed. And it also minimize any falls from the bed to the ground.

In fact, based on your description, lots of children also sleep in this similar position. And I personally feel that there is no issue here.

>For me, I'm sleeping on a
>third slide floor mattress.
>My slide floor
>mattress is parked against a
>wall but for my sleeping
>position, my back head
>is facing a door (door is
>closed at night) and my legs
>are facing the
>window. May I ask, whether
>this is bad sleeping direction
>for me? How
>about my daughter, is her
>sleep position good/bad for
>her?

This position is ok. So long as the legs do not point towards the door. If so, this is considered inauspicious or `the coffin position'.

Many Feng Shui practitioners especially the traditional school of Feng Shui `requires' that the bed be positioned such that the head face the health or longevity sector.

This advise is common amongst all East/West Group (Eight House pratitioners).

However, as most of us are aware, a small child often toss and turn and their head can face all sorts of directions in any given night. Who is so cruel as to tie their own child down facing a good direction! This is indeed very cruel - the least. Perhaps, if there is a society for the prevention of cruety to children, one should report the parents to this society!

>My room shape left me with no
>choice that I need to sleep in
>this
>unfavorable position. Any
>remedy for my sleeping
>position? I've read
>before that if one sleeps
>without headboard, there will
>be no support for
>the person. Can you explain
>what kind of support that they
>are referring to
>in feng shui?

It would be indeed nice to have the head of the bed against a wall. This often means that the bed is in a good position where the persons on the bed can often see who is coming in or out of the room.

Often there is a wall prior to the windows above it. And in such a situation, there is often a support already.

>I've also read that according
>to feng shui, if one
>children's room is placed
>opposite the parents' room,
>the children/child will tend
>to be logger
>heads/very in a not good
>relationship with parents.
>May I ask is it true?
>For me, seems like quite true,
>my seven years old daughter
>tends to be
>logger head with me, she
>seldom listens to me and she
>tends to make me
>angry. Any remedy to enhance
>our relationship? But my
>husband is sleeping
>in the master bed room right
>opposite facing my daughter's
>room. But my
>daughter likes my husband a
>lot, this doesn't quite tally
>with my earlier
>saying. Hmmmmm, I'm confused.

Yes, I have often encountered such a situation. Last year, there was this house where the bedroom door of the parents room is facing the teenager (son's) room. Often, the son is rebellious against the father. Maybe this is coincidence.

But under symbolism in Feng Shui, there is a `cure'. This is where the door knob key holes are painted red. Where, then these two doors close, it is said that the `red eye' will ensure that parties from both rooms look eye to eye or (agree with each other).

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Copyright 1996-onwards Geomancy.Net, Cecil & Robert Lee. All Rights Reserved.

International Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights Notice
All messages posted TO THIS SITE which includes this forum and other contents made accessable by us to the public cannot be copied; reproduced; recompiled; stored in a retrieval system; or transmitted, in any form or by any means; electronic; mechanical; photocopying; recording; or otherwise. - Learn more

Please kindly contact us at support@geomancy.net. if you should encounter any breach of Copyright and Intellectual Property rights. Thank you in advance!

Back to Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net

 [ Site Search | Forum Search | Picture Search | Site Map ]

Help Desk: (65) 9785-3171

Highlights

Extend your learning with Master Cecil Lee's Applied Feng Shui Made Easy Book.

" Real People, Real Life, Real Situation " - Learn from thousands of actual case studies at our popular Free Advice Forum.

" Worry-Free Professional Feng Shui Services " - from the authors of Geomancy.Net

[ Award & Accolades ]

Site Navigation

   Feng Shui Freebies
   Feng Shui Resources