Previous | Next | Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui)

Topic: Windchimes-Hanging Location Point / etc
Conf: Discuss :: Free Advice (General Feng Shui), Msg: 12486
From: Anon (Hidden from Privacy)
Date: 1/10/2003 12:10 PM

Dear Anthony,

1. Earth predominantly gives off sickness Qi. This is why #2 and #5 are predominantly bad earth elements.

2. If we look at a Chinese luo pan, we will notice that the outer shell is a rectangle.

3. While the inner is a rotating circle metal piece.

As many of u know, circle represents Metal element.

4. A luo pan consists of:

Outer square piece represented by the earth
Inner metallic dial represented by Heaven.

5. In many of the cures, we therefore, see that Heaven Qi or Heaven Metal Qi is used to neutralise bad earth elements.

6. Therefore, metal, is the chief ingredient.

Please see below:-

On 1/5/2003 1:55:00 PM, Anthony Vincent wrote:
>Dear Cecil,
>
>For Windchime(6-Rod Metallic)
>to be effective for curing a
>bad stars combination location
>etc, can you help know the
>following:
>I) From what point the wind
>chime should be hanged? i.e
>a) Ceiling only.

To be effective:-

1. It must not those `play, play' type with so many colours on it.

2. Where possible, use 6 rod, metal hollow windchime with wood clinger because, it makes the most noise.

3. To be effective, it must make `metallic' sound to defuse bad earth qi.

4. To install a wind chime, one should scan the immediate environment to see whether air can pass thru it. If it is blocked by another building nearby and air cannot move or pass thru it, better hang 6 coins inside the house.

5. If really really bad stars especially those encountered at East (Period 7) where there can be as many as #5 x 2 or even 3 of these because of the year also having #5.

6. In such a situation, the next immediate cure is the use of: find a glass jar, place 6 coins in it. Many authentic FS practitioner may even ask that you place a piece of flake gold into it. Add a teaspoon of salt and fill it with 1/2 or not more than 3/4 of water. Stir it. This is best left at a ventilated location.

7. If there is a toilet sandwiched between this room and the bedroom with such bad stars, one can place a bottle gourd; between the toilet bowl and the wall next to the bedroom.

7.1 Do a search for Bottle Gourd in this forum to understand what I mean.

8. A wind chime should be hung outside such as the ledge roof or to the level of the ceiling height. This is because, too low, the sound cannot flow into the bedroom.

>OR
>b) From protrusions in the
>form of long nail in the wall
>or a pipe on the wall etc.
>OR.

9. This can be done but do monitor how it sways. If because of walls or ledge, it sways rather than clings, than it should not be too good.

10. The best position is that the clinger, moves and hit the rods. Rather than the rods sway fiercely with the wind MOST OF THE TIME. This is expected before a storm. But during normal operations, it should not be so.

>c) Window grill, Protrusions
>on top of a Tall Cupboards
>etc.

11. If the wind chime is of medium size, sometimes: some of the rods rests on parts of the grille. And if one looks closely it looks tilted. This is not auspicious.

12. Tall cupboards usually are rectangular in shape and not advisable because it is not aero-dynamic. And seldom clings. And because usually the cupboard is next to a wall, the qi cannot fully circulate thru it.

13. In addition, most cupboards are made of wood and would absorb most of the qi sound making it's use here suspect.

>II) Can it be physically
>chimed few number of times
>everyday, given there is no
>wind inside the
>house/apartment?

14. Usually, in Feng Shui, hanging wind chimes inside a house is more symbolic since as you had mentioned, it seldoms chime.

15. The most effective is to use grandfather clock at specific locations or locations with either dead qi or still qi instead of a wind chime.

16. Nowadays, money spent on wind chimes goes into the pocket of the manufacturer, seller and many, many Feng Shui practitioners who push such stuff.

17. When, I have the time in the future, I can provide you with a three or four page article just on wind chime, placement or purely on commercial reasons.

18. If one search the internet, you can find wind chimes that are marked up so high that one wonders who pockets the money.

19. In my opinion, if you are ever searching for a reliable FS practitioner, the first thing one should do is check out whether are they selling any PHYSICAL GOODS like wind chimes, god of wealth etc....

For me, be weary of such practices.

20. Practitioners should avoid selling them because, (profit from these) may override their assessment of your home/office premises. Do be careful here!

>III) Can it be used inside
>bedrooms?

From a commonsense approach to Feng Shui it makes no sense for this.

For a Feng Shui practitioner, frankly he "does not care" because, eventually, he is not sleeping in this room.

But you and I know: if we place such things next to the aircon, it may cling and cling.

You and I are the ones who will be facing this kind of `crab'. not the FS practitioner who happily takes your money and is not seen again!

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Copyright 1996-onwards Geomancy.Net, Cecil & Robert Lee. All Rights Reserved.

International Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights Notice
All messages posted TO THIS SITE which includes this forum and other contents made accessable by us to the public cannot be copied; reproduced; recompiled; stored in a retrieval system; or transmitted, in any form or by any means; electronic; mechanical; photocopying; recording; or otherwise. - Learn more

Please kindly contact us at support@geomancy.net. if you should encounter any breach of Copyright and Intellectual Property rights. Thank you in advance!

Back to Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net

 [ Site Search | Forum Search | Picture Search | Site Map ]

Help Desk: (65) 9785-3171

Highlights

Extend your learning with Master Cecil Lee's Applied Feng Shui Made Easy Book.

" Real People, Real Life, Real Situation " - Learn from thousands of actual case studies at our popular Free Advice Forum.

" Worry-Free Professional Feng Shui Services " - from the authors of Geomancy.Net

[ Award & Accolades ]

Site Navigation

   Feng Shui Freebies
   Feng Shui Resources